MyBEAP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)Nov 15, 2011 - 11:00:38 AM
WHAT is the MyBEAP Plan Generator?
Developed by OSEP, the MyBEAP is an easy and efficient web-based method to create a Building Emergency Action Plan (BEAP). After BSSRs complete eleven user friendly sections, the system will automatically generate a building specific BEAP.
- How do I access MyBEAP?
BSSRs, using a valid UGA MyID and password, can log into a secure link to create their BEAP: https://emer.uosp.uga.edu/OSEPFORMS/beap_overview.cfm
- Can I update MyBEAP after I've submitted it?
Yes, upon log in, BSSRs will be able to enter and exit each section of the MyBEAP online plan generator as needed to view/edit/complete.
- How will I know when MyBEAP has been reviewed by OSEP?
Upon completing the MyBEAP, the program will automatically send OSEP an email that the MyBEAP has been completed. After OSEP has reviewed all sections in the MyBEAP, BSSRs connected with that building will receive an email from OSEP with feedback/instructions related to the completed BEAP.
- How will I be notified when it is time to update MyBEAP?
The system will automatically create an annual email reminder to BSSRs connected with a specific building that it is time to update their MyBEAP.
- What information will I need to obtain prior to using the using the system?
It would be helpful for BSSRs to quickly review the eleven sections of the MyBEAP before starting the program. Some sections will require BSSRs to obtain the information from other sources before completing these section screens:
- Building Safety Team members and contact information
- Emergency Floor Coordinator names, contact information and floor locations
- Building Hazards/Areas of Special Concerns
- Specific locations of individuals with disabilities in the building
- Names, contact information and location of CPR/First Aid certified individuals in the building
- Location of any Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs) in the building
- Location of any first aid kits in the building
- Location of fire evacuation assembly areas
- Location of bomb threat evacuation locations
- Specific location(s) of tornado shelter areas in the building
- NOAA Weather Radio Locations and Staff Assignments
- What resources are available in compiling MyBEAP?
A MyBEAP Resource Page link is available from OSEP's homepage, http://www.osep.uga.edu/ under the MyBEAP section to assist BSSRs in compiling information for their MyBEAP.
Examples of resources provided are:
- Using NOAA Weather Radios on Campus
- Suspect Description Form
- U.S. Postal Services Suspicious Mail or Packages
- BEAP Phone Tree - Sample
- Emergency Action Plan Summary (EAP)
- Click to download the attached file(s):
- MyBEAP FAQs downloadable flyer