Campus Emergency Preparedness ResourcesFeb 15, 2008 - 10:41:41 AM
Although college campuses are usually safe places, emergencies and disasters do occur. The University of Georgia takes an “all hazards” approach to planning for various types of emergencies (natural disasters, chemical spills, shootings, etc.) that could impact the campus.
The Office of Security and Emergency Preparedness would like to remind faculty, staff and students of a few emergency preparedness resources that are available to assist in preparing for and responding to campus emergencies.
- View the list of BSSR Representatives to find out who the Building Safety and Security Representative (BSSR) is for your building. These individuals are responsible for safety, security and emergency planning for the building they represent.
- View or download a one-page Emergency Action Plan Summary document that may be posted in building hallways, offices and classrooms. This is a summary document that provides a brief explanation of how to respond during the most common emergencies that could impact the UGA campus.
- Check the accuracy of your emergency contact information within the UGAAlert campus emergency notification system by logging onto http://www.ugaalert.uga.edu/. This will help ensure that the notification system is able to contact you via the most appropriate communication method should a life threatening campus-wide emergency occur.
- The Severe Weather Safety Tips and Information link from this homepage offers additional information about preparing for severe weather events.
- Travel Safety Resources information related to both domestic and international travel safety.
- The Office of Security and Emergency Preparedness (706.542.5845) and the UGA Police Department (706.542.5813) both offer onsite technical assistance and training classes in regards to safety, security and emergency planning.